Promoting excellence in Career and Technical Education
News and Updates
- CTE Professional Development Project Ends March 31st
The CTE Professional Development Project sponsored by the Texas Education Agency and implemented by Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi ends effective March 31, 2019. The resources on this website will be available until August 31, 2019. For information about TEA-sponsored professional development for Career and Technical Education email CTE@tea.texas.gov or visit the Texas CTE Resource Center at www.txcte.org.
- CTE Quick Tips August 2018
Thinking ahead. . .
- Continue gathering information for the PER due September 17, 2018.
- Begin plans for first Advisory Committee Meeting
Things to do now. . .
- Complete Perkins grant application in the eGrants system (due September 7, 2018)
- Review PEIMS Code Table CO22 for new courses listed (Section 4: CO22 Excerpt); meet with PEIMS Coordinator to review changes
- Download new version of the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook– CTE Section 5
- Verify CTE teacher certification and teaching assignments
- Conduct New CTE Teacher Orientation
- Conduct CTE teacher professional development and have teachers apply to New CTE Teacher Conference to be held in Austin, November 12-15.
- Meet with counselors to review 4-year plans, PGP’s, impact of schedule changes for CTE students, etc.
- Meet with Career Preparation/Practicum teachers to review program requirements and Section 5.7 of the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.” (All paid students must begin employment within first 15 instructional days and have completed training plans on file within 15 instructional days of student’s employment date. Unpaid practicum students must have completed training plans on file prior to first day of training.)
- Visit Texas CTE Resources Center for helpful resources
There are no upcoming events.