New Career and Technical Education Teacher Conference
The New Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher Conference is sponsored by the Texas Education Agency each fall for CTE teachers who have less than four years of experience teaching career and technical education courses. The 2018 New CTE Teacher Conference will be held at the Hilton Austin Airport Hotel, located at 9515 Hotel Drive, Austin, Texas 78719.
Attendance is by application ONLY. No registrations will be taken at the conference. Only a limited number of applicants will be selected to participate. Selection is based on the information provided in the application. Applicants will be notified of acceptance within 5 business days after submitting application. To apply:
- Complete and submit the online application form. The application takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. Once you begin the application, you will not be able to save it or return to complete it at another time. A link to the form can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Teaching Certificate: In the application, you will be asked to upload your current Texas teaching certificate (probationary certificates are acceptable) or paste a link to your SBEC record into the application form. It is helpful to locate your SBEC record before you begin the application. To locate your record in the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) database go to https://secure.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECONLINE/virtcert.asp. Enter your name as it appears on your certificate. Review your certificate for accuracy, then copy the URL address at the top of the webpage and paste the link into the “Link to SBEC Record” field on the application form.
- Districts of Innovation and Charter School Teachers: If you do not have a teaching certificate issued by SBEC, scan and upload a letter on district/school letterhead from your CTE director or other school administrator that states your full name and the CTE courses you have been approved to teach.
- After you submit the application form, an email will be sent confirming the receipt of your online application to the email address you provided on the form. Check your spam and clutter folders if you do not receive a confirmation email within 30 minutes after submitting your application. If not found, email CTE@tamucc.edu to verify that your application was received and request a duplicate confirmation e-mail.
- Review your application information. Review the information on the application submission confirmation email for accuracy. Email any corrections to CTE@tamucc.edu. DO NOT submit a duplicate application.
- There is a $75 fee to participate in the conference. Payment can be made by check, credit card, or purchase order. Accepted applicants will receive payment instructions with their acceptance notice.
- Application status: An email will be sent notifying you of the status of your application within 5 business days after the submission of your application. If you do not receive an email within 5 business days, email CTE@tamucc.edu to request information on your application status.
Completion of CTE 101 Online Course in Texas Gateway
All participants of the New CTE Teacher Conference will be required to complete CTE 101: Career and Technical Education in Texas prior to attending the New CTE Teacher Conference. The course is available online in the Texas Gateway, TEA’s online resources for educators. Click on the the CTE 101 course title above to enroll, or visit the Texas Gateway at http://www.texasgateway.org and search for “CTE 101.” You will need to print out your certificate of completion and email a scanned copy to CTE@tamucc.edu prior to the conference. You also will need to present a copy when you check into the conference.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Cancellations: Accepted applicants must cancel in writing no later than November 5, 2018 to receive a refund. Cancellation notices and requests for refunds must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a $25 administration fee for all cancellations.
Substitutions: No substitutions can be made without prior written approval by the Selection Committee. Requests for substitutions must be emailed to email@example.com. Substitutes will be required to complete the application form prior to attending the conference.
No Shows: No refunds will be made to confirmed applicants who do not attend the conference.
October 22 – Last day to reserve hotel room at group rate
November 5 – Last day to cancel and/or request refund
November 5 – Application deadline
November 7 – Applicants will be notified of application status
November 9 – Payments or purchase orders must be received
November 13 – New CTE Teacher Conference opening sessions
November 15 – New CTE Teacher Conference closing sessions
Yes, I have read the above information, and I am ready to complete my application.