New Career and Technical Education Teacher Conference
The New Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher Conference is sponsored by the Texas Education Agency each fall for CTE teachers who have less than four years of experience teaching career and technical education courses. The 2017 New CTE Teacher Conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza Austin Hotel, 6121 North IH-35, Austin, Texas, 78752 on November 6-8, 2017.
Attendance is by application ONLY. No registrations will be taken at the conference. Only a limited number of applicants will be selected to participate. Selection is based on the information provided in the application. Applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than November 1, 2017. To apply:
- Complete and submit the online application form. The application takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. Once you begin the application, you will not be able to save it or return to complete it at another time. A link to the form can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Teaching Certificate: In the application, you will be asked to upload your current Texas teaching certificate (probationary certificates are acceptable) or paste a link to your SBEC record into the application form. It is helpful to locate your SBEC record before you begin the application. To locate your record in the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) database go to https://secure.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECONLINE/virtcert.asp. Enter your name as it appears on your certificate. Review your certificate for accuracy, then copy the URL address at the top of the webpage and paste the link into the “Link to SBEC Record” field on the application form.
- After you submit the application form, an email will be sent confirming the receipt of your online application to the email address you provided on the form. Check your spam and clutter folders if you do not receive a confirmation email within 30 minutes after submitting your application. If not found, email CTE@tamucc.edu to verify that your application was received and request a duplicate confirmation e-mail.
- Review your application information. Review the information on the application submission confirmation e-mail for accuracy. E-mail any corrections to CTE@tamucc.edu. DO NOT submit a duplicate application.
- There is a $75 fee to participate in the conference. Payment can be made by check, credit card or purchase order. Accepted applicants will receive payment instructions with their acceptance notice.
- Application status: An email will be sent notifying you of the status of your application 3-5 business days after the submission of your application. If you do not receive an email within 5 business days, email CTE@tamucc.edu to request information on your application status.
Completion of CTE 101 Online Course in Texas Gateway
All participants of the New CTE Teacher Conference will be required to complete CTE 101: Career and Technical Education in Texas prior to attending the New CTE Teacher Conference. The course is available online in the Texas Gateway, TEA’s online resources for educators. Click on the the CTE 101 course title above to enroll, or visit the Texas Gateway at http://www.texasgateway.org and search for “CTE 101.” A CTE 101 pre-conference workshop will also be held the morning of November 6th. You will be asked on the New CTE Teacher Conference application form whether you have taken the online CTE 101 course or are planning to attend the onsite workshop prior to the conference.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Cancellations: Accepted applicants must cancel in writing no later than October 31, 2017 to receive a refund. Cancellation notices and requests for refunds must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a $25 administration fee for all cancellations.
Substitutions: No substitutions can be made without prior written approval by the Selection Committee. Requests for substitutions must be emailed to email@example.com. Substitutes will be required to complete the application form prior to attending the conference.
No Shows: No refunds will be made to confirmed applicants who do not attend the conference.
October 12 – Last day to reserve hotel room at group rate
October 31 – Last day to cancel and/or request refund
October 31 – Application deadline
November 1 – Applicants will be notified of application status
November 3 – Payments or purchase orders must be received
November 6 – New CTE Teacher Conference opening sessions
November 8 – New CTE Teacher Conference closing sessions
Yes, I have read the above information, and I am ready to complete my application.