The Professional School Counselor Academy is designed for persons whose responsibilities include the implementation or oversight of college and career readiness at the campus and/or district level:
- College and Career Readiness Coordinators
- School Counselors
- Counselor Educators
- Special Education/Population Counselors
Those considering the Professional School Counselor Academy must be committed to becoming an agent of change and assuming a leadership role at the local level, as well as be prepared to participate in all three phases of the program.
Why Should You Attend
Attend this program and return to the district with a deeper understanding of career development in Texas. Learn to be a leader who promotes the success of all students by:
- Facilitating the development, articulation, implementation and vision for college and career counseling that is shared and supported by local school community;
- Advocating, nurturing and sustaining a district culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and professional growth;
- Ensuring management of local programs, operations and resources for a safe, efficient and effective learning environment;
- Collaborating with parents and community members;
- Mobilizing community resources and partnerships; and
- Acting with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
Participation is limited! Preference will be given to persons who best meet the application criteria.