The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Leadership Academy is designed to help CTE directors, school administrators and CTE coordinators with less than four years of experience administering career and technical education programs gain the professional knowledge and skills needed to be an effective CTE leader within their home district.
Those considering the CTE Leadership Academy must be committed to leadership roles in career and technical education and be prepared to participate in all three phases of the program.
Why You Should Attend
Attend this program and return to the district with a deeper understanding of career and technical education in Texas. Learn to promote the success of all students by:
- Understanding recent changes to state and federal laws that impact CTE;
- Facilitating the development, articulation, implementation and vision for career and technical education that is shared and supported by the local school community;
- Advocating, nurturing and sustaining a district culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and professional growth;
- Ensuring management of CTE program operations and resources for a safe, efficient and effective learning environment;
- Collaborating with parents and community members;
- Mobilizing community resources and partnerships; and
- Acting with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
Participation is limited! Preference will be given to individuals with less than four years of experience administering career and technical education programs at the district level.