2017-2018 Career and Technical Education
Participation in the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Leadership Academy is by application only. The first phase of the 2017-2018 CTE Leadership Academy will be held in Austin, Texas on October 16-18, 2017. Space is limited!
Participants are selected based on the following criteria:
- Need: applicant is currently working in a district/campus and responsible for directing, managing, and/or administering CTE programs;
- Experience: the background and previous experience of the applicant;
- Support: how much local support is available for the applicant; and,
- Benefits: the impact the applicant’s leadership training will have on students, parents, teachers, and other stakeholders.
How to Apply:
To apply for the CTE Leadership Academy, you will need to complete an online application form. A link to the form can be found at the bottom of this page. The application includes the following sections and must be completed IN FULL before it is submitted.
- Applicant Information
- Educational Background
- CTE Experience and Responsibilities
- Questionnaire – consisting of the following four questions:
- Describe your most successful experience as a leader.
- What are the major CTE leadership challenges confronting you at the present?
- Identify any previous CTE or leadership training programs in which you have participated.
- Describe the scope of your CTE responsibilities (administrative, programmatic, budgetary, and supervisory) within your district.
Responses to each question are limited to a maximum of 750 characters. Please allow sufficient time to complete the form. Responses cannot be saved and completed at a later time.
- Texas Education Credentials
Applicants will be asked to upload their current Texas educator certificate or paste a link to their SBEC record into the application form. It is helpful to locate this record before beginning the application. To locate your record in the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) database go to https://secure.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECONLINE/virtcert.asp. Enter your name as it appears on your certificate. Review your certificate for accuracy, then copy the URL address at the top of the webpage and paste the link into the “Link to SBEC Record” field on the application form.
- Completion of CTE 101: Career and Technical Education in Texas
Accepted participants will be required to complete CTE 101: Career and Technical Education in Texas either online or at a face-t0-face workshop prior to the opening session of Phase I. The course is available online in the Texas Gateway, TEA’s online resources for educators. Click on the the CTE 101 course title above to enroll, or visit the Texas Gateway at http://www.texasgateway.org and search for “CTE 101.” A face-to-face CTE 101 workshop will be held the morning of October 16th prior to the opening session. You will be asked on the application form whether you have taken the online CTE 101 course or are planning to attend the face-t0-face workshop.
- Download and sign the CTE Leadership Academy Policies and Standards Agreement
- Download PDF of the agreement document by clicking the above link.
- Applicants will be required to upload a signed copy of of the agreement in the application form.
- The agreement form must be signed by the applicant and the applicant’s supervisor, principal, or superintendent.
- Acknowledgements and Authorizations
Applicants will be asked to confirm that they are aware of the commitments they are making if accepted into the CTE Leadership Academy, including:
- Verification of the information provided in the application
- Completion of CTE 101: Career and Technical Education professional development course or workshop prior to attending Phase I.
- Commitment to participating in all three phases (October 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018) of the Academy.
- Agreement to pay $250 participation fee if accepted.
After submitting your application, if you do not receive an email confirming receipt of your application, call 361-825-5966 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by September 15, 2017.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than September 22, 2017.