Thinking ahead. . .
- Continue gathering information for the PER due in October.
- Begin plans for first Advisory Committee Meeting
Things to do now. . .
- Complete Perkins application in the eGrants system (due 8/31/17)
- Review legislative activity
- Review PEIMS Code Table CO22 for new courses listed (Section 4: CO22 Excerpt); meet with PEIMS Coordinator to review changes
- Verify CTE teacher certification and teaching assignments
- Begin forming the CTE Advisory Committee
- Conduct New CTE Teacher Orientation
- Conduct CTE Teacher Professional Development
- Meet with Counselors to review 4-year plans, PGP’s, impact of schedule changes for CTE students, etc.
- Meet with Career Preparation/Practicum teachers to review program requirements and Section 5.7 of the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.” (All paid students must begin employment within first 15 instructional days and have completed training plans on file within 15 instructional days of student’s employment date. Unpaid practicum students must have completed training plans on file prior to first day of training.)
- Visit Texas CTE Resources Center launched August 7